Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Pop physics

Ok so I thought that for the days when I don’t want to do read out of the book cause it does take a substantial about of time to figure that stuff out, I think I’ll try to explain some of the topics in pop physics that I know a thing or two about. First up:

Dark matter

The mysterious substance that seems to have appeared out of nowhere. It is very easy to be skeptical about such a (to borrow my 14 year old neighbor’s term) sketchy substance. But it’s not all smoke and mirrors. (look! I made an awesome introduction!) So here’s what I know. Dark matter was first proposed by Fritz Zwicky in 1933, but no one took him seriously (here’s his bio and here’s his facebook). So that’s the intro to Dark matter and when I feel lest like I’m going to keel over I’ll write more.

1 comment: