Thursday, September 24, 2009

Aside

I am rather busy at the moment so I think I shall take an aside from the main course of this conversation and share an interesting anecdote. I was reading in a physics text, and stumbled upon this very revealing equation. I shall quote.

“Adding PV onto the energy gives a quantity call the enthalpy, denoted H:

H=U+PV

This is the total energy you would have to come up with, to create the system out of nothing and put it into this environment.”

I had never thought about that before. I think it’s the sort of things humans don’t think about. We don’t realize that if you were to create something you would have to create a place to put it. I’ve read somewhere else, that in the Big Bang (the physics version) not only was all the matter and energy in the universe created but also space and time itself. If you make a universe you have to make a place to put it. And now I must go do many thing…things that I don’t really want to do…bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment