Thursday, September 17, 2009

Introduction 4

My counterparts in the middle ages sought after the philosopher’s stone. It was said to…wait you people are savvy internet users. I’ll just let you read the Wikipedia article. But they sought after it for their own various selfish reasons. It was this one object that we all agreed was very important. But why did we? Because we wanted things: gold, immortality, youth, prestige, ect. I don’t think we ever contemplated what we would do with it if we got it. We were trying to affect our own lives and win at our system. We didn’t think about what our system meant or what it did to us. That was the philosopher’s job. And I never really liked most of them. The one’s I met were all pricks (the American meaning not the British). Anyway, I don’t think we understood our lives, and if we had we wouldn’t have been searching for the silly philosopher’s stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment