Sunday, January 3, 2010

Randall's maze rapup

We’ve spent some time going though (to be painfully honest) the first chapter of Lisa Randall’s ‘Warped Passages.’ We’ve basically been talking about coordinate systems and how to conceptualize other dimensions. I looked over the rest of the book and it has some really good things to offer but I don’t have the time or energy to finish the book but I would like to go over some of her research and some ideas about more dimensions, so I think I shall be mostly consulting Wikipedia for most of my information. (oh by the way, my vacations over so I will hopefully be posting every day again.) So let’s take a looks. When consulting Wikipedia it aperies that there are 3 main ‘uses’ or applications for extra dimensions, Kaluza-Klein theory, Large extra dimensions and the Randall–Sundrum model (these apparently have to do with each other), and superstring theory. My next proposition is that we take a quick look at each of these applications and what they have to do with extra dimensions.

No comments:

Post a Comment