Monday, January 18, 2010

Time 5

As much as I don’t like philosophers I think it might be helpful to hear what they have to say about the subject. The first view is that time is a real tangible thing that is part of the fundamental structure of the universe. It’s pictured like a film strip where each cell is a moment and if you string all the cells together they form the reality that we are used to. So basically time makes up just another dimension. This is the point of view that physics holds (or at least the majority of physicists).The second view says basically the opposite thing, that time is not a physical think and can’t really be measured. Instead, it says that time is part of a fundamental intellectual structure that humans operate out of. To dumb this view-point down, it’s all in our heads. If I were to come to any conclusions on this one I would side with the physicists. But I do think there is something big we must be missing in the nature of time. Whenever I’m looking at something I can’t figure out it’s usually because I’m not looking at it in the right way. Unusually if I look at it from a different perspective then I can see the answer right away. I’m hoping this is the case with time. We’re just not looking at it from the right perspective. Once we figure out how to look at it, what it is will become clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment