Friday, October 30, 2009

God's Aside 3

Today I must share an experience with you. I had this cake…it was be best thing I’ve ever eaten. It was divinely blessed cake and it make me so so so so happy. It make me believe that if there are things that are that good and make people that happy there must be a God…there must. Someone had to create that kind of feeling. And with that lead it here is the next part on my God series.

Perhaps there is a God, such as the Jews claim, who has spoken with humans and cares about them. I’ve read quite a few of their texts and in one, I do believe the Christian’s share this part, it is said the God made man in his image. I’m not quite sure what this means to them, but I am rather certain that there is defiantly something special about man (and woman of course, there is no doubt in my mind there is something special about woman!). We are the only species on earth to have the kind of advanced cognitive thinking that we do. Well, let’s just put it this way, I’ve never met any other animals that wondered about God. We believe we are special. This kicks back to an earth centered model of the universe. We have always thought we had a special place in the universe. As far as the actual location of earth, we really aren’t that special. We are just in a small branch of an average galaxy in a rather uninteresting part of a (supposedly) uniform distribution of matter. But how come we know that (or at least we think we do). We’ve never found any other beings as intelligent as us (at least not yet), but I will be very honest, the fact that all our math and physics works seems a little more than coincidental. That’s why all of the physicists and chemists and mathematicians put their trust in it. It works. It’s works in so many situations and under so many circumstances. We can predict things with it, and we are right. We measure, calculate, modify, conceptualize, invent math, and in the end we get it right, at least so far we have. I can firmly say I don’t believe science is going about understanding the universe in the wrong way. And if this is so well, then there is a set mathematical structure to the universe. Yes, take a moment to try to comprehend this. There is a set mathematical structure to the universe. Math sort of governs the universe. Math. I often hear stories from math teachers of student’s asking how math applies to real life. Operations and relations of constants and parameters govern the universe! Talk about structure. Think with me for a moment about some of the highest forms of structure that humans have created, languages, the stock market, the internet, the space shuttle, etc., they don’t even compare to the higher structure of the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment