Saturday, October 31, 2009

God's Aside 4

I think I’ll just keep going on this train of thought. If he designed math and the universe for us to figure out than that implies he wants us to (goodness, I sound so much like a philosopher). And why wouldn’t he? If he is anything like us (the whole created in his image thing) I should think he would like to show off. One of my dearest and oldest friends is a terrific artist and he is always ready to show his latest work and explain the how the why the details to any ear that would listen. Why wouldn’t God be any different? His masterpiece, the creation, is so much more complex and intricate, and daresay beautiful, and why wouldn’t he want to show it off. In all honesty he does seem a big showy. I mean even for those who aren’t (to further the analogy) art students, he’s created features that absolutely cannot be ignored, like the sunset and the ocean and the stars. Now, for those who do study his work, he is…well, a downright showoff. Quantum mechanics is the most ridiculously dumfounding thing I’ve ever found. For the bio people out there the transition from larger scale chemical combinations to a living thing has always seemed rather incredible to me. The scales on which the structure of the universe lies, in and of itself is enough to blow the mind of any rational human. He is a showoff on the grandest scale. And if you have no one to show it off to, well that’s just no fun. But it seems he does. (no, I’m not suggesting humans were created just to study science) But he does have use, and we do seemed to be programmed with this innate curiosity. And well, somehow I don’t think he minds at all. But if all this is true why do we have to search so hard? Perhaps it’s simply more fun that way. I mean after all I do like a challenge. If I didn’t I would have done something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment