Friday, October 16, 2009

Inflation 3

So where did we leave off? Oh yes, the grand unification epoch. I’m not really sure what this period does. I know there is a further splitting of the forces and there is a much better understanding of what should be happening during this period because we have theories of it. Here gravity and quantum mechanics separate so we can to the theoretical analysis of this period. It last from the between 10^-43 seconds and 10^-36 seconds after the big bang. Next we have the electroweak epoch which last from around 10^-36 seconds and 10^-12 seconds after the big bang and the inflationary epoch from 10^-36 seconds and 10^-32 seconds. The inflationary epoch is nested inside the electroweak epoch and only last for part of that time. Here we have more separation of forces and a continued cooling. The strong force separates from the others so now we have 3 forces; gravity, strong and the electroweak (hence the name). The inflationary part I already described (to the best of my ability). Latter in this phase, again part of inflation, partials form and mass is born into the universe. So yes, this is an extremely rough outline of the birth of the universe. And there will be more inflation to come! Also I highly doubt I will be posting tomorrow, do you remember that ski I wanted to go on, well, I got it! So I will be gone tomorrow and will most likely be very tired when I return so I shall see you all on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment