Wednesday, October 14, 2009

God's Aside 1

Ya’ know how I said I would read more about inflation, well I didn’t. So instead I think I shall do something a bit rash a probably not very wise. I would like to take a moment to dwell on God, and his role in this whole thing. I mean, just think about it for a moment, yes the scientific method and Ockham’s razor are important and what not…but, just assume for a moment there really is a God of the christain/jewish/muslim type, you know omnipotent, omnipresent, and obviously the creator of the universe and so forth. Those that hold to the aforementioned religions groups represent over half the world’s population, and they all believe in the same sort of God. I should think taking a look at the implications of such would have some sort of merit. And yes, I am aware that it is a bit of philosophical undertaking…and while I’m not that keen on philosophers, and at the risk of eating my word and turning into my own worst enemy, I would like to take a look at it, in an extremely irreverent and sacrilegious way, of course. And I think I shall us my occasional aside to do that. That, and nobody comments. I feel as though if I say something super controversial you will comment! Not that I really like getting into arguments and I wouldn’t say something just to get a rise out of someone (ok, that’s not entirely ture). But anyway comment. I want to hear what’s on your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment